Sharing the magical connection between humans and our feathered and furry friends.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Yes, a White Christmas

I finally got the tree up.  Who knew if you waited until 2 days before Christmas that you could get an 8 foot Noble Fir for $9.99.  It's in pretty good shape so I'm very happy with the purchase.  My sister and her husband are coming after Christmas so I didn't want a dried up tree to welcome their arrival.  We also got a fresh wreath for the same price and I decorated it with glorious sparkling ribbon and red balls.

On the lake we are going to have snow on the ground for the holiday.  In town, most of the snow has gone. It came a few days ago, but its' been cold since and the snow is still here.

So the kid in me will enjoy this.  We really don't follow any traditions anymore, but I've pulled my holiday spirit together and am looking forward to spending some relaxing times with my our small family. 

I am very blessed in so many ways - thankful for the animals, friends, family, and the opportunities in my life.  May I be aware of others' needs and be able to bring to the situation what is needed.  That includes my animal friends who come to see me every day.

Well, I've got a nog to pour and dinner to cook.  Have a wonderful spirit filled holiday.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed special time with your sister and her husband. Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol-

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. We had a white Christmas as well- AND the snow has not gone away- I almost feel like I am back in Buffalo- and the winters of my childhood! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete